There are many rumors circulating about jobs opportunities relating to Hurricanes Harvey and Irma, that promise small fortunes in pay. Nearly all have turned out to be scams, however, here are some real temporary job opportunities that are now open. Although the pay is more in line with normal government pays rates (not fortunes) and there are basic qualification requirements, these opportunities may be ideal for many veterans.
The Small Business Administration (SBA) is hiring temporary employees to assist with disaster relief efforts this hurricane season from September 1st to December 31st, 2017. Bilingual language skills a plus.
Below is a listing of the positions openings that the SBA is seeking temporary applicants.
- Damage Verifiers
- Lawyers, Paralegals and Legal Assistants
- Loan Specialists
- Program Support Assistant and Call Center Specialist
- Customer Service Representatives and Public Information Officers
- Customer Service Representatives
- Information Technology Specialists (Customer support)
- Construction Analysts (Loss Verifiers)
- Administrative Support Assistants
To be taken to the SBA official website for specifics on job requirements, pay and how to apply: <click here>